I’m back again with another post; this one is short and sweet.
A few months ago I posted a photo on my Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn6UwfTnLiF/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet) about the lessons I’ve been learning at college and I thought I’d share them here too!
S E P T E M B E R 19, 2018:
it’s week 3 of college (since classes began) & here’s what I’ve learned so far;
1. Friends will come & go… you’ll make a group of friends & eventually, you’ll pick out the ones you really want to use your time for.
2. Time management is not that hard, just prioritize & keep a schedule.
3. You don’t have to do everything, in fact, DON’T try to do everything the first week.
(you will get sick)
4. Be true to who you are, you’re going to gravitate towards those who are similar to you, but don’t get stuck in the norm.
5. It’s okay to go out of your comfort zone, chances are you may miss out on the opportunities you didn’t take.
6. Prioritize your OWN time with God.
7. Make sure to keep yourself healthy, eat properly, drink LOTS of water, get enough sleep, don’t overwork yourself, don’t stress.
8. Seriously, the last one, don’t stress. Coming from me being the worry wart I am… it’s not a huge ordeal, God’s got you & it’s all mentality 🙂
9. Call your parents, relatives & friends. They want to know how you’re doing!! You might get caught up in all the FYE’s but spread love to those back home.
10. Finally, have good discernment; something doesn’t feel, right? Let someone close to you know, don’t do anything stupid. These choices will start to affect the next 3 years in college. Make wise choices & above all else glorify God.
“Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.” Philippians 4:8 ✰